At first glance Miramare Castle near Trieste looks as Italy's answer to Neuschwanstein Castle. Far from it. It was built by a Habsburg. Beyond doubt appears with an almost magical aura in its fantastic location right on the Adriatic.
Miramare Castle was the royal residence of the Archduke Ferdinand Maximilian (remember: His brother Franz Joseph is the one who made Grado a resort). Castle Miramare, designed by by C. Squire, was completed in 1860.
In its heart Miramare Castle has preserved its charm of the past. The sumptuous furnishings, paintings, the entire atmosphere of the castle takes visitors back immediately in Sissis times…
Similar to Duino Castle , which incidentally is not far away, Miramare has a very remarkable park that is very worth a visit.
• opened 365/year, 9:00 - 19:00
• Last entry 18:30
• 8:00 - 17:00 CET November - February
• 8:00 - 18:00 CET March - October
• 8:00 - 19:00 CET April - September
• € 6 -
• Reduced: € 4 - for young Europeans (18-25)
• Free: Seniors (65) young people under 18, children under 12 accompanied by an adult.
• Viale Miramare
• I-34014 TRIESTE
• Tel. +39 040 224143
• Fax +39 040 224220